Green Hair Algae TAKEOVER

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to control gha is to do something to starve it. Smthg to consume the no3/po4 before the the gha can feast on it.

I have 0 nuisance algae in my tank bc I brew my own Tetraselmis phytoplankton. Search my past posts bc I go in depth on my processes

You also have algae scrubbers, chaeto, macro algae, carbon dosing, nopox, vibrant, Dr Tim's....blah blah blah.... ive tried them all ....but by a mile, dosing tetraselmis phytoplankton has been the #1 solution for me.

Tet_Micro_2ddec205-5325-4510-8a50-f84f29a73182_480x480.jpg

These little phyto guys are hungry and eat up most of the no3/po4 before any other form of nuisance algae can even think about eating.

These dudes are exactly like Pac-Man eating no3/po4.

Chomping Pac Man GIF

Gha STARVES to death bc phyto outcompetes it. Gha DIES OFF.

I've been dosing tetraselmis phyto for 2 yrs now... and I feed the fish heavy 3 times a day.

Non-issue bc my phyto I dose late at night balances my tank.

I swear by it.....

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not posted on here in months or even really given my tank much attention because of this issue. I have tried loads of different things such as vibrant, tooth brush siphon, emerald crabs, lettuce nudibranch, mexican turbos, and many more but I can’t get this GHA to go away. Any suggestions would help.. it feels like i’m running out of options but I don’t want to quit the hobby.
1FAC95E8-B188-4D70-9589-201EEAAC2EA5.jpeg
I'm sorry to see you're going through this, but I wish you could have seen my face when I saw this photo.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

74rus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve got relatively small tank, so place coral on sand bad, take rocks out and put them in solid Color tote with tank water and pump for a week, do couple water changes in a week and vacuum sand. Go better results add seachem phosguard to DT and tote, double recommended amount in tote. Meanwhile adjust feeding of the tank, probably to 1/4 amount

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to see you're going through this, but I wish you could have seen my face when I saw this photo.
Oh My God Reaction GIF
This is EXACTLY what my tank looks like now. My algae has algae on it. I got a Dola bella sea hare, a bottle of excedrine, and a bottle of Jack Daniels so well see how it goes

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not posted on here in months or even really given my tank much attention because of this issue. I have tried loads of different things such as vibrant, tooth brush siphon, emerald crabs, lettuce nudibranch, mexican turbos, and many more but I can’t get this GHA to go away. Any suggestions would help.. it feels like i’m running out of options but I don’t want to quit the hobby.
1FAC95E8-B188-4D70-9589-201EEAAC2EA5.jpeg
Holy !

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back