Green, Ignorant and loving it.

Rufus’ goofs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
737
Reaction score
1,027
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
figured I'd finally make an account since I kept coming back here to find info on one thing or another.
I would just like to say that I think I've only barely scratched the surface and already found troves of knowledge and helpful, intelligent advice.

My story begins on the second off January.
It was my first day house sitting my girlfriends parents house while they were out of town, and I found myself spending all of my time watching there 120g reef. they had a huge TV, tons of movies, internet, land, I've got cars to play in, people that want to do things, but each night I found myself in front of the tank. I've always liked fish, we had a bunch of freshwater tanks when I was a kid and I had always begged for saltwater, but it never came to fruition.
so about the 6th day I asked the girl "what do you think about setting up a saltwater tank?" she said we'd talk about when she got back, and I knew what that meant.
Gentlemen, you're always told to pick your battles with your girl. It's good advice if you pick what you want. so when she came back she helped pick a spot for the tank and stand I had in the middle of her kitchen...

3 months later, I'm running a 75 gallon reef with a few clowns, chromis and a few different soft corals (with hopes for LPS once I feel more confident) and a 20 tall QT with an itty bitty Tomini Tang in it right now. I know the QT is rather small for him, but he was on the verge of being murdered by damsels at my LFS, and I decided I'd rather risk it then come in next time and ask how much longer he lasted.

anyways, I look forward to becoming a part of this very rich community!
 
Thank you all very much.

Yeah, I did kind of spring it on her, but she enjoys it now. The tank is doing alright, it's had a few hiccups, but I've enjoyed solving my problems just as much as not having any, so it has been a positive experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new