Green killing Machine 24W UV Sterilizer

  • Thread starter Thread starter thall17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thall17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2024
Messages
277
Reaction score
67
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havea 75 Display with a 30 gallon sump. Had a major algae bloom so I purchased a 24W Green Killing Machine UV Sterilizer and it did it's magic and the water in now clear (approx 3-4 days to clear). I currently have it in the display, should I keep it running? Could I move it to the sump?
 
IMO....Although there is no ham in leaving it running, you need to keep in mind that the bulb only has some much mileage on it.
Running it when not needed takes away from the mileage...just IMO. I have teh same unit, used 3 weeks, and now in storage until needed next.
 
That unit in particular I would probably not run 24/7 just due to its' small size. It isn't large enough to do much of anything except clear up green water (which it does wonderfully) so I would just hold onto it and use it as needed for that.....although as soon as the tank balances you shouldn't need it again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new