Green Pocillopora help!!

chrisdafish70

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2021
Messages
162
Reaction score
77
Location
Allentown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Green Pocillopora the other weekend. I dipped in in Coral RX and placed it into my tank in the mid level section. It was doing good but then my snails or hermit crab kept knocking it into the sand bed. I finally glued it into the rock. But it has never really opened up. I would really love some help with this coral. When I feed Oyster feed, I can see the polyps open up but then that’s it. Here are some pictures.
21A55D1B-3C5D-4FCD-A5B6-8CE22DB7B014.jpeg
7023EA84-90CD-4E56-A608-B491EC4820BD.jpeg 58A98B74-90E9-4AFE-BE3A-EBF699D5482A.jpeg
 
Pocs are tough coral, but like most SPS they want stable nitrate and phosphate.

They dont eat oyster or zooplankton. They grow fast enough by themselves.
 
Elevate it from its current location as it requires good lighting and water flow, so you will most likely be looking for a spot in the upper half of your reef tank. Caution also as it will send out sweeper tentacles to sting anything that grows within about an inch of its structure.
target feeding is not necessary, as pocillopora does not exhibit any real feeding response when given even small foods. Just feed the tank as normal as pocillopora will get the majority of its nutrients directly from the water, or through its photosynthetic symbiotic relationship with zooxanthellae.
 
Check alk
Salinity. Temp.
Ur gonna want a little nutrients in ur tank as everyone will tell u.
D
Guess I depends. I have 0 nitrate and .04 phosphate. I have a bushy birds nest and a branching. Both are growing well. I know they love high flow. I have 2 MP40s at 80% reef grow in a 2 foot cube. My parameters are 12DKH 450 calcium 1300 magnesium
 

Attachments

  • 6B9EACB5-DECA-4CA3-9AD9-BCE08E1A6F2F.jpeg
    6B9EACB5-DECA-4CA3-9AD9-BCE08E1A6F2F.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 56
Guess I depends. I have 0 nitrate and .04 phosphate. I have a bushy birds nest and a branching. Both are growing well. I know they love high flow. I have 2 MP40s at 80% reef grow in a 2 foot cube. My parameters are 12DKH 450 calcium 1300 magnesium
Lights are XR30 Blues at about 60%
 
How are your parameters? Is it getting some flow?
At first it wasn’t getting as much flow, so I moved to wavemaker down a little to give it more flow. I’ll check my parameters tonight.
 
Guess I depends. I have 0 nitrate and .04 phosphate. I have a bushy birds nest and a branching. Both are growing well. I know they love high flow. I have 2 MP40s at 80% reef grow in a 2 foot cube. My parameters are 12DKH 450 calcium 1300 magnesium
Mine is only a Fluval 13.5, with AI Prime 16HD, I have a SCA 50 gallon cycling currently, so I’ll be moving everything over soon. Everything else in the tank is fine but don’t have an SPS like this before.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new