Green Polyp Question

Mark a Blackburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new and I don't know exactly how this works but I have a question about my tank actually it's my green star polyp, I noticed a little hole in the side of it and I could see really small thread light chemicals coming out of the side of it and I seen Warner that was extremely long and when I shine the light on it it pulled itself back up and it look like it had little white tiny I don't want to say maggots but they were little elongated white things on the tentacle and I can see it moving around and like I guess place in them outside of the polyp itself. I didn't know if it was doing this until I did a water change and cleaned my sponge filters and I could see the little white things in my filter and they looked exactly like the things that the long tentacles had on it so I guess there's some kind of living organism inside the body of my green polyp that is placing these out I have no idea what it is anybody ever seen anything like this

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and welcome to Reef2Reef!

It would be very helpful to share a picture of the organism, using white light or a flashlight to help us see.

From your description, my first guess would be some type of worm. There are several kinds that attach themselves to the rocks and put out feeder tentacles to capture food as it floats by.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back