Green Slimer floating away?

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally broke off a piece of green slimer when doing a water change today. I decided to use some fishing line to tie it to one of the braces of my tank. Has anyone done this before ? I am looking forward to seeing the results.
1DAE8C55-BB04-44FB-83F4-08581E868129.jpeg

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally broke off a piece of green slimer when doing a water change today. I decided to use some fishing line to tie it to one of the braces of my tank. Has anyone done this before ? I am looking forward to seeing the results.
I did this with a piece of frag rack I had to cut up from being overgrown by zoas. Zoas didn't mind and covered both sides of the rack I suspended. They grow corals suspended in water in the ocean for mariculture.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please keep us updated as it grows.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about trying to diy something that would rotate a line running horizontally in the water that you can mount frags to so the frags grow in every direction and form twice as many branches but haven’t figured it out just yet. If someone has an idea shoot me a pm and I might try it.

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about trying to diy something that would rotate a line running horizontally in the water that you can mount frags to so the frags grow in every direction and form twice as many branches but haven’t figured it out just yet. If someone has an idea shoot me a pm and I might try it.
Right now the coral is small enough that it is blowing all over the place so I guess you could say it is getting light on all sides. The polyps have come back out so it must not be that unhappy.

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag has encrusted over where it broke off. The colony took the same amount of time to grow over itself. No picture as I could not get one worth posting.

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag has begun to start encrusting up the fishing line. The underside of the frag that was duller and less green underneath is now indistinguishable in from the top in color.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back