Green Slimer growth update

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
4,214
Reaction score
8,690
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been tracking my green slimer growth each month since I got it. Here's the latest update:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 4.18.32 PM.png
 
Very cool. The growth tips in the first pic were leaning right, and now the colony is filling in and growing left and into the light, like a weed and encrusting nicely on the base as well. Sweet!
 
Awesome! What type of light is it under, what intensity and distance from the light?
 
Wow what is the secret? Would you mind sharing info on your setup.
 
Great job and photos. I agree, updates needed! Nice white growth tips.
IMO the best Acro to start with.
 
Wow, even great color in the shaded areas. Share some of your secrets.
 
November update?

Awesome! What type of light is it under, what intensity and distance from the light?

Wow what is the secret? Would you mind sharing info on your setup.

Great job and photos. I agree, updates needed! Nice white growth tips.
IMO the best Acro to start with.

Wow, even great color in the shaded areas. Share some of your secrets.

Nice keep it up.

Wow, thanks everyone for the ongoing interest in this. Sorry for the delay, but here's the November update. This month's photo had to be larger due to the growth, so I might need to come up with a different layout to show the side by side comparison.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.58.57 PM.png

And here's a macro shot showing the polyp detail:
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.08.08 AM.png

To answer some of your questions, this coral is about 6" below the water surface and directly under a Radion XR30 Pro. It gets about 400 PAR for 8 hours using the AB+ spectrum. I dose BRS 2-part with my Neptune DOS, and I feed Reef Roids once per week. Here are my water parameters:
  • Temp = 78 F
  • Salinity = 1.026, using Red Sea Coral Pro salt
  • Alkalinity = 8.3 dKH
  • Calcium = 420 ppm
  • Magnesium = 1350 ppm
  • Nitrate = 2 ppm
  • Phospate = 0.06 ppm
If you want more info on my setup, I have a pretty detailed write-up in my Reefer XL 425 build thread.

IMG_4182.jpg
 
Last edited:
So, Duck, or Beaver?

Dat673, play and tweak until you're successful; then you're ready for more. ;)
 
So, Duck, or Beaver?

Dat673, play and tweak until you're successful; then you're ready for more. ;)

Ha! Duck fan, though I'm originally from Michigan so also a Wolverine fan.
 
Thanks for sharing! I wish there were more threads like this, really neat to see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new