Green Star Polyp Care

Cody Geoffroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing an experiment on the coral-algal symbiotic relationship; I will be using Green Star Polyps as the coral sample. Are there any good resources for the care of this particular coral species (i.e., temperature min and max, salinity, habitat surfaces, etc)? Books, website, personal knowledge, anything would be appreciated. Thank you for the forthcoming response!!!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are one of the easiest to keep coral
Temperature : 78-81
Salinity: 1.026
Ammonia: 0,
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: less than 30 should be ok
Light: full spectrum (460nm ) , 100-200 PAR
pH: 7.8->8.2

If you can tell us more about your tank setup, we can help out with the equipment etc

OP
OP
C

Cody Geoffroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are one of the easiest to keep coral
Temperature : 78-81
Salinity: 1.026
Ammonia: 0,
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: less than 30 should be ok
Light: full spectrum (460nm ) , 100-200 PAR
pH: 7.8->8.2

If you can tell us more about your tank setup, we can help out with the equipment etc
I posted on another forum help for the tank setup as well lol. As of right now the only coral that will reside in the tanks are the Green Star Polyps as I need to isolate them and keep it's environment controlled. I understand they grow extremely fast as well so a big tank my suffice (don't really the dimensions recommended tho). As for the lightening and flow and where to obtain the salty water I have absolutely no idea the best stuff for that. Also, if you know what would be the best material for it to grow on that would be great too! Thanks a lot tho!

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got green star polys in both my SW tanks. I don't know if you could kill it if you want it. They are both doing extremely well, both with medium flow and lighting. I have each on their own separate rock so when they spread (and they WILL), it should remain on the rock.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back