Green star polyps not opening for 5 days

Jé123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green star polyps has not open for a while now and I dont understand why. All my parameters are good and my other corals are doing fine. Also, I started using NOPOX 2 weeks ago or so and I think that might be it (to get rid of gha). I read this coral likes nutrients and now I don't have any so its closed? What should I do?
Btw I reduced the dose of NOPOX to see what it would do..

15810952664193576390495471009238.jpg

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your nutrients drop quickly? Any other rapid swings? If I have something change on me quickly my GSP is usually the first to start closing up. I've had my float switch get stuck a few times and had a salinity spike and my GSP is the first to let me know by closing up. It usually opens back up after a few days though.

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSPs (in my experience) have a temper. Sometimes if I hit them with my tongs accidentally, they can stay closed for over a week. As they've gotten used to my tank, they rarely close up, but when I first got them they were very finicky.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i get too close to mine in a water change they sometimes close for a few days. Otherwise I use them as my barometer- if they are closed something is potentially off. In my tank it is usually when I forgot to dose phyto.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worrying about GSP is like worrying about weeds...lol Once they take off you'll wish you hadn't. Don't get me wrong they're very cool but they can be a nuisance. If yours' dies I'll be more than happy to give you some.

IMG_6988.JPG

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back