Greenville, North Carolina

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke4Life
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Any areas you would personally avoid when looking at houses? I am trying to get down there by the end of this week for a few days to check it out.
 
Not real familiar about greenville but Fayetteville is a no no . Alot of crime there . If you stay in the country and not the cities you should find some decent ones with decent prices .
 
I wouldn't stay anywhere near campus or downtown Greenville. Between people partying and the shady people that live downtown it wouldn't be fun. I'm sure there is a disc golf group in Greenville as most campuses have a team and sometimes alum will make groups. Since your wife will be working there you'll have an in. Haha

I grew up in New York, and when it snows, ices, one snowflake falls I stay home. Too many crazy people. Us crazy yankees think we can drive in it, but untreated roads are a disaster down here.
 
Everyone I've come across so far have been friendly. It's much smaller than I was anticipating and flat as a piece of paper. Going to have to head an hour away for some good disc golf courses, as the 1's I've come across have been easier than the 1's back home. Going to miss the rolling hills of Kentucky!
 
So 3 flakes and people flip out, great lol. As long as ya'll drive the speed limit and not pokey puppies I should be fine.

They will cancel schools on the Threat of maybe snow flurries... They are better then socal folks in rain driving though will give them that.

And there is a big joke here...any threat of storms and the locals run out for milk, bread and eggs. Buy the Stores totally OUT. Why? Cause you must have french toast during an emergency ;)
 
I've heard what happened, but I'm still shocked that there isn't more here. Could a good shop with variety thrive here? Or is that day dreaming......
 
It's a tough call. There are no good shops in this are per say. There are several people who sell coral and such from their home, but no real LRS that are worth it. Like I've said before I literally drive two and a half hours away for a semi-decent LFS. I don't know that a shop would thrive. Believe me, the thought has run through my head that maybe what this area needs is a good LFS. I think the problem with Greenville is that the majority of the population there during the school year is students. It's so weird to me that in the eastern/coastal part of NC the hobby seems to be pretty much dead. Any local reefing clubs are gone, no good LFS, etc. It really stinks.
 
It's a tough call. There are no good shops in this are per say. There are several people who sell coral and such from their home, but no real LRS that are worth it. Like I've said before I literally drive two and a half hours away for a semi-decent LFS. I don't know that a shop would thrive. Believe me, the thought has run through my head that maybe what this area needs is a good LFS. I think the problem with Greenville is that the majority of the population there during the school year is students. It's so weird to me that in the eastern/coastal part of NC the hobby seems to be pretty much dead. Any local reefing clubs are gone, no good LFS, etc. It really stinks.
I understannd the students but what about all these doctors in this area?
 
I was going to ask if you were going to stop at Duke! Definitely a lot more stuff to do there than out here. I lived in Durham for a while.
 
I was going to ask if you were going to stop at Duke! Definitely a lot more stuff to do there than out here. I lived in Durham for a while.
That was my only planned stopped going 2 and coming back. Stayed a few hours as it was peaceful. Crazy thing is that I'll be back down in 8 days lol.
 
They have a great Lil shop in wilmington with an amazing dt and huge frag tank called coastal reef..... bad reviews but my experience was great! Also not as good is the fish room in wilmington imo
 
Love The Fish Room! I've also been to they one in Cary, and that one is top notch too. I will have to check out Coastal Reef next time I go down to Wilmington. I've never been there before. Even if they've had bad reviews I'll at least go take a look for myself. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new