Greetings from Georgia

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, all!

I’m Leslie, from south Georgia, in the US. Been watching the forum and reading a lot since “diving” into salt, and finally found the time to make an account.

I’ve always been a freshwater girl and have been keeping aquariums and ponds for twenty years. (My dad got my first tank for me when I was ten and I’ve been in love with the hobby ever since.) I currently have three freshwater systems and a pond.

I started my first salt tank back in January (got an Evo 13.5 half price), and that very quickly snowballed into purchasing a tank from someone who wanted to get out of the hobby. Bought everything he had, from the lights and livestock down to the chaeto dying in his sump. :O

So now I’ve got the Evo set up as my zoa tank, and I’m working on “rehabbing” all of the corals he had while adding in a few pieces of my own. Tank is a Red Sea Reefer 625XXL. Move was a JOB. Battled ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and then phosphate spikes! Numbers just started to level out last month. Bacterial die-off is no joke!

Glad to be joining the community finally (I’ve found so much helpful information here already), and looking forward to the next 20+ years including saltwater systems.

5917F60C-AE99-4625-AF83-A0542FB5914A.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a build thread! That's quite the jump up on tank size haha
Planning on it! We were actually looking at piecing together a tank from scratch when we found the guy selling the RSR. I was just intending on moving up to a 50 gallon system, but when we saw what he had it was a no-brainer. Would have spent the same money buying the 50g system new in pieces.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on it! We were actually looking at piecing together a tank from scratch when we found the guy selling the RSR. I was just intending on moving up to a 50 gallon system, but when we saw what he had it was a no-brainer. Would have spent the same money buying the 50g system new in pieces.
We shared about the same journey. Welcome to R2R. Great info, great community. Your tank is very pretty. Get that build thread going; )

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back