Greetings From Maryland!

hetrickfarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for allowing me/us to join your community. I am a 46 year old male from Maryland who got the green light from the wife to build a small reef tank in our family living room. I have been “lurking” for most of the summer watching other reef build threads and members post on their experience(s). Thank you for the wisdom!

I ran a 29 gallon saltwater tank for three years while in college, but broke it down in the spring of 1995, and gave away all my livestock and dry goods. Through the years I always have taken an extra minute to admire tanks in lobbies and just soak everything in. My wife probably has told me 20 times throughout the years to put a tank together, but I always just said they take a lot of time and money.

My family has visited aquariums through the years, and my eight year old daughter has really taken an interest in all things involved with marine life. We visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore earlier this summer, and upon returning home decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.

A lot has changed since 1995, but some has not. We have purchased a 75 gallon tank and are in the process of cycling the tank. I plan on making a thread and detail our adventure of putting together our tank. Cheers!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for saying hello
tumblr_lpbdl1Z8te1qjhjdwo2_r6_250.gif
#Welcometor2r

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your build with tons of photos! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back