Greetings from the deep, you filthy land dwellers!

Poseidon's Ugly Brother

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
It has been a good decade since I have had a reef tank. I live in central Oregon where there is very little interest in the hobby, so I'm kinda on my own out here. A buddy of mine moved and didn't want to take his 29g biocube with him so I took it over and have had it for about a month and a half. Within that time I have turned this take from a 3/10 to about a 8/10. Water chem is on point but there is just a little bit of hair algae I can't get rid of. No big deal though.
The only have two fish, a orange snowflake clown and a six line wrasse. I think I'm at a point now that I can start adding some new fish. Yay!
My question of the day for all you reef freaks is this; I really want a black and white snowflake clown but I'm not sure if it would pair with my orange one or not? What do you think? My LFS has a premo ORA black snowflake right now but it's pretty much the exact same size as my orange one. I'm assuming this would make thing even more difficult.
Anyway, let me get some of that knowledge from you!
Thanks!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby. I would wait and get a second clown that is significantly smaller than your existing resident. It will better your chances in my opinion.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I wouldn't go with the same sized clown, they will most likely fight it out. Watch out for that Six-line when adding new fish, they can get very nasty!;)

welcom.jpg

OP
OP
Poseidon's Ugly Brother

Poseidon's Ugly Brother

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby. I would wait and get a second clown that is significantly smaller than your existing resident. It will better your chances in my opinion.
What about the color difference? Is that normally a problem?

OP
OP
Poseidon's Ugly Brother

Poseidon's Ugly Brother

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I wouldn't go with the same sized clown, they will most likely fight it out. Watch out for that Six-line when adding new fish, they can get very nasty!;)

welcom.jpg
I'm going to have to rehome the six-line, he is already a jerk to my clown and they are established tank mates

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Poseidon's Ugly Brother !* I think if they are both the same type of clowns it will be okay.The color is not so much of a issue as the size.They are simply too close too call.Let me double check with the #REEFSQUAD.

1485314277822.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, ya soggy denizen of the deep! (~_^)

Unlike some humans I've met, and as mentioned by several above me, clownfish care little for color. Black? Orange? White? All seem equally attractive to another clown of the same species.

Two that are of similar size, especially if that size is "large adult"? _That_ isn't going to work out so well.

~Bruce

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

You can't post like this without before and after pics!! :). At least post pics of now! ;)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 35 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back