Greetings from the Lehigh Valley

Hello everyone,

I figured this is a good place to start on the board.

I've been out of the hobby for quite some time, had three reef tanks in the 80 and 90s. Back in 2009 or so, was looking to start a business and toyed with the idea of coral farming. Did months of research (and even had an account here which has apparently expired) -- but never pulled the trigger. But it did get me caught up with a lot of the technology ... and I guess I'm gonna have to get all caught up again.

Anyway, I think you'll see me around here from time to time. I'm John.
Hi John...welcome back
 
Welcome aboard. We were neighbors when I lived in the Poconos. Did all my shopping at Something Fishy in North Hampton and did the crazy drives to That Fish Place in Lancaster every so often.
 

Attachments

  • 7FC3F397-DC93-4E88-822C-92B001680E52.jpeg
    7FC3F397-DC93-4E88-822C-92B001680E52.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 33
Welcome aboard. We were neighbors when I lived in the Poconos. Did all my shopping at Something Fishy in North Hampton and did the crazy drives to That Fish Place in Lancaster every so often.
Something Fishy is literally three minutes from my house. Never tried That Fish Place... worth it? That's a schlep.
 
Something Fishy is literally three minutes from my house. Never tried That Fish Place... worth it? That's a schlep.
It was an exciting trip. the place is huge. Huge selection of fish and corals. If you couldn't find it there you were out of luck. I'm going back over 9 years. They used to have great glass aquarium sales on their anniversary. A tent sale with food and all. I'd wait till that comes about. Usually in the spring.
Plus you're in PA Dutch. Good food and shopping all around. It's a nice weekend getaway.
Something Fishy brings back many memories.
I miss that place.
 
It was an exciting trip. the place is huge. Huge selection of fish and corals. If you couldn't find it there you were out of luck. I'm going back over 9 years. They used to have great glass aquarium sales on their anniversary. A tent sale with food and all. I'd wait till that comes about. Usually in the spring.
Plus you're in PA Dutch. Good food and shopping all around. It's a nice weekend getaway.
Something Fishy brings back many memories.
I miss that place.

Thanks for the heads up regarding That Fish Place, perhaps I'll head out there soon.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new