Greetings from the middle of nowhere, Nevada!

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!

I'm terrible with introductions as I never know what to say and usually end up rambling or oversharing haha.

I have wanted to start a saltwater tank for nearly a decade now, but never really had space or money for one until recently. I finally took the plunge and went for it last December. I'm starting small with a 15g tank. Sadly, I was a little overexcited and got a fish before I fully understood the way cycles worked(ugh). He's a six-line wrasse that I named Sushi.

My fish is a tough banana so he's survived my ignorance(luckily and mostly thanks to seachem products) and he's pretty happy(for now), albeit antsy because the tank is a little small for him. This is something I'm correcting by building a bigger tank for him. I found a brand new 37g on sale a month ago at the pet store and I've filled it up with some rock, ogo, chaeto, live sand, and a few places for him to hide. It is nearly through its first cycle. The goal is to one day get him a tank mate or two so that he's not lonely. Probably a clownfish or starry blenny.

You'll probably see me around asking a lot of dumb questions! Sorry in advance. I look forward to learning and growing with everybody here. This place sorta reminds me of a reef tank full of people in a fun way. Oh shoot, I'm rambling. Clicking post now!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Were glad to have you here :)
Remember there are no dumb questions that are asked. The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask ;)

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images-1.jpg

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!

I'm terrible with introductions as I never know what to say and usually end up rambling or oversharing haha.

I have wanted to start a saltwater tank for nearly a decade now, but never really had space or money for one until recently. I finally took the plunge and went for it last December. I'm starting small with a 15g tank. Sadly, I was a little overexcited and got a fish before I fully understood the way cycles worked(ugh). He's a six-line wrasse that I named Sushi.

My fish is a tough banana so he's survived my ignorance(luckily and mostly thanks to seachem products) and he's pretty happy(for now), albeit antsy because the tank is a little small for him. This is something I'm correcting by building a bigger tank for him. I found a brand new 37g on sale a month ago at the pet store and I've filled it up with some rock, ogo, chaeto, live sand, and a few places for him to hide. It is nearly through its first cycle. The goal is to one day get him a tank mate or two so that he's not lonely. Probably a clownfish or starry blenny.

You'll probably see me around asking a lot of dumb questions! Sorry in advance. I look forward to learning and growing with everybody here. This place sorta reminds me of a reef tank full of people in a fun way. Oh shoot, I'm rambling. Clicking post now!
Welcome Aboard r2r young lady, congrats on pulling the trigger and going for it, the members here are awesome and always willing to help and give advice 24/7,, also no such thing as a dumb question only a dumb answer, asking questions is how you learn,, I’ve asked more questions oive given answers. Good luck to you

OP
OP
SaltyCupcake

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thank you all so very much for the warmest of welcomes! Y'all sure know how to make a girl feel at home hehe.

I will absolutely be adding little Sushi last for sure hehe. I didn't know if I would like him much at first because I found out about the aggression after, but he's really grown on me with his adorable little stripes and the way his mouth kinda puckers haha. Such panache! :D

I'm really hoping that he'll be the exception to the norm and be sociable with his future tank mates.

I've also heard that they're carpet surfers so I make sure that his lid is always secure. Fingers crossed that he isn't some sort of escape artist. o_O

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back