Greetings

PaulDavies72

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Cumbria, England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Paul and I am new to R2R.

My aquarium is a Red Sea Max 130, I have removed the mechanical filter medium, the carbon, and the ceramics (as told these were just a nitrate trap. I have a cooler attached, and have just bought a Seneye Reef monitoring system.

I have recently had and aquarium crash, all fish lost due to elevated ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

I think there were a number of reasons for the crash; namely I stopped testing (thought that once an aquarium was up and running it would look after itself, once cycled and livestock added slowly), 1 to many fish (tipped the bio-load over the edge).

Anyway I have completely stripped my aquarium and thoroughly cleaned everything. I kept all my live rock, and my surviving soft corals, snail and Urchin in the old water until they were ready to go back in.

I am now 1 week into re-cycling my aquarium, using my live rock, snail and urchin for the cycling.

So far so good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new