Greetings!

BBQ4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm brand new to the Aquarium hobby so please bear with me.

I've always thought Aquariums were really cool and relaxing to look at. Being 48 years old, I'm thinking about some "me" time since my days of coaching Baseball and volunteering for various other things for my boys, (who are now 16 and 18) are over.

I went out and bought a 75 gallon tank fully intending to set it up for fresh water...until I visited a privately owned aquarium shop. When I saw the saltwater set ups, I got really interested. I went on YouTube to watch videos, I hit Amazon and bought books and now I'm here. I knew I had to join a forum for the real expert information.

So, I would like to set up my tank correctly. I know it's a process and costs money. I would like to get it started and not have to "break the bank" if you will. I would like to be a reef tank for sure but I know corals and other things are quite expensive do I'd like to add slowly. I'm in no rush.

I will scan through the forum for info but if there's anyone who'd like to chime in I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for allowing me to join and I'm looking forward to future postings.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back