Grey Bamboo Shark Supplier

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No disrespect, but I'm not here to have people weigh-in on what type of shark I should get or whether or not my tank is big enough. I've seen plenty of those threads. Again, I don't mean to be rude, just not really looking for that type of discussion.
Just seemed like you weren't sure what shark would best be suited for you tank size, but if you already know what you want that's great!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd call and talk to someone before I purchased. Lol but that's me.
D
I would recommend Skipping this e-tailer completely.

I placed an order for a Desjardini and received wrong and sick fish, before receiving correct and almost dead fish who quickly died and still had to Fight for a refund.

They are a Chopshop imo.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not particularly interested in the short-tailed nurse, or a regular nurse. I've heard that the grey bamboo is a good shark for a relatively small tank (300 gallons) though.

I did hear back from Violet Aquarium. Sounds like they get them in every now and then. When I'm ready to buy, most likely in a couple of months, I'm going to reach out to them and tell them that I'm looking to purchase.
That reply was for WheatToast, not you. Kind of off topic I know.

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the nurse is one of your favorites, have you considered a short-tail nurse (Pseudoginglymostoma brevicaudatum)? ORA breeds them, and they supposedly only get 2.5 feet long. They had a couple available earlier this year if I recall, but that was the first time I had seen this since I learned about them 4+ years ago.
I have dreamed of owning Pseudoginglymostoma brevicaudatum for years and was very happy to see them appear on ORA because of their rarity, though my tank is a 40-gallon breeder and I do not have the resources to set up a predator tank. However, I have been lucky enough to see a live individual at the Coex Aquarium in Seoul back in 2017.

dkegflorida

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into purchasing a Grey Bamboo Shark for a predator tank that I'm working on. Looks like the brown banded bamboo sharks are pretty easy to find, but I'm having trouble finding anyone that sells the Grey Bamboos. Does anyone have a source for them?

dkegflorida

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into purchasing a Grey Bamboo Shark for a predator tank that I'm working on. Looks like the brown banded bamboo sharks are pretty easy to find, but I'm having trouble finding anyone that sells the Grey Bamboos. Does anyone have a source for them?
Hi. Did you get your bamboo sharks? I bought 2 brown banded from Petes Aquarium and 2 grey from Violet Aquarium. All sharks were 10-12” and came healthy. In addition I ordered 2 clowns from Petes and one was so beat up I couldn’t believe they shipped it. They refunded me but I wont use them again.

OP
OP
N

NigeltheBold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Did you get your bamboo sharks? I bought 2 brown banded from Petes Aquarium and 2 grey from Violet Aquarium. All sharks were 10-12” and came healthy. In addition I ordered 2 clowns from Petes and one was so beat up I couldn’t believe they shipped it. They refunded me but I wont use them again.
Unfortunately I had to put this project aside for awhile, but I'm glad you had success with the greys from violet aquarium!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back