Sicce Shark Replacement Air Flow Adjuster?

Tellie-Vision

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
1,938
Reaction score
1,633
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement air flow adjuster part for my Sicce Shark protein skimmer? I don’t know the proper name, it’s the little black twist-knob thing with the sponge in it that the air comes in through. Mine fell off and got lost in the sump months ago and the skimmer isn’t working anymore, so there’s this disgusting layer of brown gunk on the surface of the display tank now. I don’t even want to put my hands in for maintenance anymore because it gets all over me and I have extremely sensitive skin due to an autoimmune disease, so it makes me extremely itchy.

I’ve been searching but I can’t find anywhere that sells this part for USD. I really don’t want to spend $100+ on a new skimmer when I’m only missing the one part, so any help would be appreciated 😔🙏
 
Throw on some shoulder length gloves and dig it out, maybe even wear a mask ,better safe than sorry
you can reach to sicce and see if they sell the part, good luck... 🙂
 
Upvote 0
Hmm, if the air intake is blocked, no bubbles might make the skimmer not work. Have you tried cleaning the skimmer air intake line with citric acid? Common thing to have calcium scale build up in skimmer air intakes that reduces or stops the skimmer from making bubbles.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new