Grindal Worms for Reef Aquariums

  • Thread starter Thread starter SDK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I rotate flake food in as well, usually after the culture gets big enough to eat it quickly.
 
Reviving an old thread. I started a grindal worm culture (as well as black worms), just prior to getting a copperband. I was worried that it wouldn't eat in my qt system so I wanted to cover as many bases as possible. Clams were a hit and then he transitioned to mysis from the water column fairly quickly, long before the cultures every reached maturity. So now I'm producing grindal worms to feed to a couple of small pea puffers in one of my fw tanks, and when I think about it, I'll toss some into the display as well. They are very vigorous producers. Very vigorous. And I've only got one culture going. I think I'm going to split it just in case there's a crash. Anyone still doing this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new