Ground up build 75 gal

Teaman89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my wife have a nice established 24 gal. We have decided to build our own from the ground up. We bought a 75 gal with stand, sump and piping. There is ALOT of different options out there. I need some help. What is a good return pump, should I run 2 AI led lights, what is a good skimmer to get. Any input would be awesome for our journey in building OUR reef tank. Thank you and glad to be here.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I have been searching 8 LFS in NJ for a 75/90 gallon tank that I can drill for an overflow since the beginning of March. Then corona virus hit and there are no deliveries coming in to the LFS here. You are very lucky to be able to have a tank. Good luck with it and I hope to see photos soon

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my wife have a nice established 24 gal. We have decided to build our own from the ground up. We bought a 75 gal with stand, sump and piping. There is ALOT of different options out there. I need some help. What is a good return pump, should I run 2 AI led lights, what is a good skimmer to get. Any input would be awesome for our journey in building OUR reef tank. Thank you and glad to be here.
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R!!! i run lifeguard pumps have used them for years & bought the tank setup used so they have served me well. i have a few reefoctopuss skimmers that have been great & would recommend them. lighting is a bit of a loaded question & you'll get the phone book for a response, i haven't used the AI light so cant speak from experience with it but it looks like a solid choice.

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (28).gif

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the party! Glad you are here. Start your build thread in the member tanks section.... found here... as you move along ask questions. Lots of great information and experience here.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 58 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back