Grouper's 8' 225 DIY build...

I got the lights up this past weekend and started moving some of my existing rocks over. The lighting right now is:

2-250w Radium 20k on Icecap ballasts and my DIY reflectors.
2-VHO 110w Super Actinic
2-VHO 110w 454

Can't even tell there is not a center bulb.

FTS-6-15-09.jpg
 
looking really great bro. how do ya feel about the radiums so far?? best bulb there is IMO
 
Keith-I'm liking them great so far. The major blue look in the pic is due to the actinics. The radiums are slightly blue. I actually like the look of just the radiums with no actinics.

Chris-Get the material.....
 
Wow, never saw this build thread. Very nice build and tank.

What do you got caged up in the white basket in the middle?
 
And now the sad ending of Grouper's 225 DIY build.....

Unfortunately, ChemCast is not a good cell cast acrylic for making large fish tanks. I noticed the seem along the bottom starting to give Thursday night.

IMG_3321.jpg


IMG_3323.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new