Grouping fish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I’m sure many of you will know I have recently gotten a 3’x16”x1’ tank. With this tank I plan to keep it looking slighting more natural in terms of fish. By this I mean less species and more numbers of the same species.
So far I have;
3 Pseudocheilinops ataenia
1 Macropharyngodon bipartitus
1 Stonogobiops yasha
1 Gobiodon acicularis
1 Discordipinna griessingeri

The fish I have that are singles were brought over from my Max Nano and I may pair them depending on how close to the end of their lifespan they are.
But for this tank I’m aiming for unusual groups of fish instead of the common ones such as cardinals.
So far what I want is;
Wetmorella tanakai pair *Must have
3 Trimma spp.
3 Eviota spp.

Other than that im not too sure. Obviously I’m wanting to stock it over the next few years as it won’t fit more than 4 small species in the tank as of now.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to get mated pairs in the sw world imoe
Yeah, I’m attempting to find everything as juveniles if they transition into males/females. However if they aren’t hermaphrodites then I’ll most likely try to find a bonded pair (or trio).
I like the blue eye cardinals and regular red eye pj cardinals. Looks like you'll have lots of wrasse and small dwarf gobies. I like the micro fish scene. Gonna be kool.
D
Definitely will look nice when it’s finished :)
Honestly, I think i prefer having the groups/pairs of the same species instead of one of each different species.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I’m sure many of you will know I have recently gotten a 3’x16”x1’ tank. With this tank I plan to keep it looking slighting more natural in terms of fish. By this I mean less species and more numbers of the same species.
So far I have;
3 Pseudocheilinops ataenia
1 Macropharyngodon bipartitus
1 Stonogobiops yasha
1 Gobiodon acicularis
1 Discordipinna griessingeri

The fish I have that are singles were brought over from my Max Nano and I may pair them depending on how close to the end of their lifespan they are.
But for this tank I’m aiming for unusual groups of fish instead of the common ones such as cardinals.
So far what I want is;
Wetmorella tanakai pair *Must have
3 Trimma spp.
3 Eviota spp.

Other than that im not too sure. Obviously I’m wanting to stock it over the next few years as it won’t fit more than 4 small species in the tank as of now.
Bump!!
Let’s hear some more ideas now that I’m thinking of the plan more.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 vlamingii tangs.
5 brackish silver monos.
Was looking at adding more samuri candy stripe squirrel fish and or a group of flashlight or pilot fish.
D
I dig the golden pilot fish, but the get big, quick, lol. Had one in a fowlr a long time ago, it got to 6-7 inches long in a little more than a year of me having it (doubled in size).

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.3%
Back