Grow light

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I need some help picking a grow light that I'm not going to have problems with later! My light failed today, the fans failed. The fans were loud because of the salt and dust that had made it into the light and while trying to clean (I have to do every other month) the power inverter for the fans failed. I need an effective grow light, preferably one without fans and I do like LED lights. The fixtures I get seem to fail often because of salt creep as it lives in my stand. It is 8" off the water and I cant get it any further away, I blame the salt creep on my protein skimmer.

I am not a millionaire but will spend the extra cash for something that will grow my algae, not break in a year, and not need to be cleaned so I can sleep at night. I rely on it for a primary nutrient exportation because I feed heavy and dose Phyto often for a colony of Christmas tree worms. I feel like its a pretty stable system and like my setup just need to find a reliable light.
Thanks guys!
This is what I currently have

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYK6KTQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
Auto-pilot

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! it for my refugium

Okay. I'm old school. I use a light reflector and a cheap Walmart led grow lamp.
IMG_20190307_202128.jpg

I pull a couple gallons of chaetomorpha out each month with using that set up.

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used this light and now use it to grow my phyto, I had a problem with the board being susceptible to corrosion and rows of led lights went out.

Mine is hanging from command hooks on the back of my AIO. But will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks for the heads up. But for $21 I think it’s a great light. Then got a timer so it’s on during the night.

OP
OP
Auto-pilot

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is hanging from command hooks on the back of my AIO. But will definitely keep an eye out for that. Thanks for the heads up. But for $21 I think it’s a great light. Then got a timer so it’s on during the night.
Yeah it grows my my phyto even with most the leds out

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back