Growing SPS off magnet rock wall

IMHO, most any will. I grow some corals directly on coated magnets in the tank.

Do you ask the question because you have some special concern about Acros and magnets?
 
IMHO, most any will. I grow some corals directly on coated magnets in the tank.

Do you ask the question because you have some special concern about Acros and magnets?

Mainly, I’m looking for something that looks like rock and can handle the weight. It will be on 3/4 glass.
 
3/4" glass is going to need a good magnet.
 
If your vision is to have a back wall encrusted over with Acros.... if all things go nearly perfect, you may see it fulfilled by the year 2042

Just being real dude
 
If your vision is to have a back wall encrusted over with Acros.... if all things go nearly perfect, you may see it fulfilled by the year 2042

Just being real dude

Nah dude.

I’m looking for a magnetic rock shelf that will hold on 3/4 glass.

I want to put it right here.

1595781194612.png
 
Build your own, I made one for my tank out of an old tunze powerhead magnet and a stick of epoxy.

57CEA3E8-5A33-4CB3-B87F-4A28491A9953.jpeg
 
Which Tunze magnet did you use?
Same as Ef4life, old magnet from pump (careful, the old gen has a tendency to "pop" and expose rust).
The colony was drilled to insert an acrylic rod, then the rod was fixed with epoxy to the magnet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new