Growth on snail

perocchit

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a few more snails for clean up crew on my 25 gallon tank that is roughly a year and a half old. I don’t recognize the growth on its shell, can anyone identify it? Should I be concerned? It almost looks like small spikes sticking out of the top surface of its shell.

IMG_7776.jpeg IMG_7777.jpeg IMG_7778.jpeg
 
Looks like algae to me. Can you get a closer pic or maybe touch it and see if it’s hard or soft like algae
 
I agree from those pics it just looks like algae. If it is just give it time and another snail will shell surf enough to eat it off.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new