GSP & algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mstanker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mstanker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
687
Reaction score
12
Location
Mississippi/Memphis,tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
175101d1409784876-what-type-algae-type-photo-2.jpg


I posted this in the algae forums but 1 person viewed it. Trying to figure out what this is.
 
Hard to tell, looks like a couple different kinds? I think I see GHA or byprosis in there… Do you have phosphates in your water? Are you using clean RODI or tap? How long has the tank been running?
 
i use ro/di water, tank has been running since june 1. I did a test on phosphate last night 0. Also all of my lvl's are in range of being correct.
 
You got me! I don't know why it would look like that if all of your levels were on.

Do you have a good size CUC?
 
image.jpg


So this is the best picture of the algae I have been trying to name. This algae took over my GSP and is growing on small places in the dT. This picture here is in the sump. It's the spider web thing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new