GSP and Xenia Placement Question

seanschaef0408

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of both Xenia and GSP and really want to add both to my tank, but I don’t want it to overtake all of my live rock.

I was browsing a store the other day and saw Penn Plax Floating Orbs. Basically they’re a lightweight rock (not sure what kind) that float and are anchored to the bottom of the tank with a suction cup and fishing line.

What does everyone think? Would I be able to successfully keep Xenia and GSP on these?

I think it would add a pretty interesting look to the tank AND keep the population under control. The other nice part is I can adjust the length of the fishing line based on lighting and flow if need be.

Would the movement of the rock floating around stress the corals out?

Thanks!
 
f4a7883b49ff6b29969cbe2393aa1bd2.jpg
d54ef61c8f3554088459d6e094b14e1c.jpg
 
I believe those are hollow plastic, at least the ones I've seen before. You would be able to if you could get them to attach on with glue or rubber band.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new