GSP Bare Bottom?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone done a bare bottom tank with GSP? If so would you do it again? Any negatives? My biggest concerns would be ease of keeping it off the front and side glass and from growing on the main rock structures. The stuff I have seems to peel off pretty easily so I was thinking it might be easy enough to keep off the rocks once it gets there by just peeling it off.

Thought? And any photos if you've done this?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone done a bare bottom tank with GSP? If so would you do it again? Any negatives? My biggest concerns would be ease of keeping it off the front and side glass and from growing on the main rock structures. The stuff I have seems to peel off pretty easily so I was thinking it might be easy enough to keep off the rocks once it gets there by just peeling it off.

Thought? And any photos if you've done this?
I'm guessing the main thing you;d have to worry about is the GSP growing onto the other walls.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing the main thing you;d have to worry about is the GSP growing onto the other walls.

Yup. Hoping someone that's done this can opine on what kind of maintenance keeping it off the walls and rocks requires. When I got my frag it literally just peeled right of the rock it was on so I'm thinking it might be rather easy.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooo, I have an idea. What if you put a 2" or so strip of acrylic on the bottom of the tank on the front and sides. Then once the gsp grows onto it you can just score it with a razor blade over the acrylic. Remove the acrylic and clean it of gsp. Replace and repeat.

Or is that not necessary. lol. Maybe just pushing it down with the glass cleaner each week will keep it at bay?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a friend that did this in a pico tank. It looked amazing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back