GSP black mold

guppyexpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have a slight concern as my GSP now has these black mold like spots covering it and melting some of the polyps it has been getting worse and worse and starting to cover my poor gsp. Any help solving this? Thanks so much in advance! 90910EC0-55CC-4303-A258-C0098F556AFD.jpeg 9FFE1768-0CEA-4CD4-89E4-1103946EC2F4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2192.MOV
    1.5 MB

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tanks aren't the best for any coral. Have faith. Mine started on an island also and is now taking over my 90g. GSP is the cockroach of the reefing world. Nothing kills it.

OP
OP
guppyexpress

guppyexpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tanks aren't the best for any coral. Have faith. Mine started on an island also and is now taking over my 90g. GSP is the cockroach of the reefing world. Nothing kills it.
oh, its been cycling for about 6-7 months before adding corals or fish so its not exactly um, a "new" tank so to speak. just its my first time touching reef tanks as i have only ever done freshwater, so 6/7 tanks are freshwater 1 is salt haha. but apparently whatever this is, is def killing it haha.

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have mine on a rock as well and aptasia outbreak that seems to have stopped the spread for now lol

OP
OP
guppyexpress

guppyexpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have mine on a rock as well and aptasia outbreak that seems to have stopped the spread for now lol
this seem like aptasia on mine too? Or no?
I wish I could have the curse of GSP covering everything instead of it melting away haha

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if we can eliminate a few possibilities. The pictures aren't really clear enough and a bit too far away. The video is oh so short. At first glance at the pictures I was thinking perhaps some cyano (or some type of algae) that got blown loose and caught by the tentacals. If the GSP is "melting", maybe it is reacting to whatever is causing the cyano/algae outbreak. Then when I saw the video I also was wondering if that could be planaria worms. Can we rule out these possibilities?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back