GSP dead?

jandin101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have the fluval marine lights. I’m thinking to try to get gently used lights because I would like good quality ones but I’m trying to not spend 1000$ on it at the same time.
If you're curious on your potential options:

Cheapest and best lights I have for my Reefer 300 tank is an ATI T5 hybrid fixture I bought from someone exiting the hobby used for $50. 4 new bulbs for $20 a pop. I got a used Reef90 LED from RedSea for $100 or so for the middle for some shimmer. T5 would also be good enough for you to keep the more difficult corals as well, if you'd want to experiment with that.

Biggest downside is you have to change the bulbs once a year or so. The other downside is the T5 lights have a lot of light spillage. It lights my living room up like a very blue Christmas tree. My T5s are also more powerful than I need as I'm not keeping super demanding corals, and the only way to control intensity on the fixture I bought is how high the fixture is from the tank.

I'm not sure if you'd get so lucky searching for a fixture, but you might. T5s are considered old tech so they are being sold used for pretty cheap where I am. If you don't care about shimmer, you could probably find a pure T5 fixture for pretty cheap too, and that'll be good for almost anything you might want to keep.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
GSP you said?

1705691259967.png

If there is one think I always said about GSP is that it likes flow over it and NOT into it.

crewsfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool. Specific recommendations I can make for you that would work, each bullet point is one option to use and they vary by price. Keep in mind that you will not want a single spotlight or small matrix fixture, because the center brace on your tank will block light. You will want a bar or large matrix, or a fixture with 2 lights on it, to bridge that center brace.
Some higher end options which will yield better coral growth, coloration and control:
ok cool. Specific recommendations I can make for you that would work, each bullet point is one option to use and they vary by price. Keep in mind that you will not want a single spotlight or small matrix fixture, because the center brace on your tank will block light. You will want a bar or large matrix, or a fixture with 2 lights on it, to bridge that center brace.
Some higher end options which will yield better coral growth, coloration and control:
The Photon 24 from Reefbreeders should work well also for mixed reef and is a little less than the 32.

OP
OP
J

jazreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just a question, do you have any review or info on the ai hydra 26 HD?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back