GSP looking bad

pwendlandt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Location
spain
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there!

I know some people hate it and some people love GSP I for one enjoy it when flow hits it and looks like neon grass tbh but I try to separate it from the main rocks.

I had a big pice a few months back and it was doing beautifully but then I went on a trip and when I came back my tank was full of ciano covering all the rocks and unfortunately also my GSP rock. I cut off the dead pieces and put it on another rock to see if it would do better but it’s been a few weeks and it’s looking very sad. Anyone know why this could be? And if it will ever recover?

My zoas are doing good and my pulsing Xenia is also doing quite well and I checked the parameters and everything seems to be in order.

Here are a few pictures of before and after (ignore the wrasse photobombing he likes to burry himself there)

IMG_7933.png IMG_7932.png IMG_7930.jpeg IMG_7931.jpeg
 
It seems to be partly in the shade, and the its the shaded part that is dying off. Give it more light.
 
It seems to be partly in the shade, and the its the shaded part that is dying off. Give it more light.
I tho if it that could be it but I also put it in the top of the reef directly down the light and although it does look much greener the pulips are still rather looking sad and very open.
 
I checked the parameters and everything seems to be in order.
Can you elaborate on this?

My GSP only looks retracted when something is off with parameters:

Happy GSP and parameters are good:
1726877666687.jpeg


Unhappy GSP:
1726877825084.jpeg


I find that GSP does love light.
 
Struggling with GSP?

What are your parameters , and the trend .

How old is the tank?

My GSP grows in the sump all red light that's it. Zero flow almost.
 
it’s pretty hard to tick off GSP, if no other corals are struggling i’d bet it is because of the shade. post your parameters here if you don’t mind though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new