GSP + Reef Roids = curled polyps?

HermanoToro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First and foremost, I am new to reef keeping. I have several zoas and a monstrous GSP-covered rock. Every once in awhile, I like to give my zoas a small amount of reef roids. I fed them yesterday morning and had a smidge left over....so I decided to give it to the GSP. I was trying out a new baster / coral feeder and accidentally put wayyyyy more product on the GSP than intended. Today, I noticed the polyps have a slight curls to their tentacles. Everything else in the tank looks stellar. I am about to run out the door to work and did not have time to conduct any water tests but I was curious if anyone has had this experience? I clicked around online and found a myriad of answers regarding GSP and curled tentacles.....everything from "that means they're growing" to "they're certainly dying." I noticed the polyps are still fully extended and the coloration is consistent with how it's been throughout this journey. Thoughts? Thanks for your time! -Andrew

IMG_6294.jpg

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First and foremost, I am new to reef keeping. I have several zoas and a monstrous GSP-covered rock. Every once in awhile, I like to give my zoas a small amount of reef roids. I fed them yesterday morning and had a smidge left over....so I decided to give it to the GSP. I was trying out a new baster / coral feeder and accidentally put wayyyyy more product on the GSP than intended. Today, I noticed the polyps have a slight curls to their tentacles. Everything else in the tank looks stellar. I am about to run out the door to work and did not have time to conduct any water tests but I was curious if anyone has had this experience? I clicked around online and found a myriad of answers regarding GSP and curled tentacles.....everything from "that means they're growing" to "they're certainly dying." I noticed the polyps are still fully extended and the coloration is consistent with how it's been throughout this journey. Thoughts? Thanks for your time! -Andrew

IMG_6294.jpg
Cut them up and give them a cool name. Now your a millionaire!
Your welcome.

Not sure, but check your po4.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back