GSP Wall Question

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

so I’ve started a wall of GSP on the side of my tank. I’ve had a GSP frag (purple base with polyp “shoots” and has a white center) for about 4 months and is beginning to move off the frag. I recently bought a second GSP frag not paying too much attention (pink base, no offshoots, and no white center).
Since these two are noticeably different, I’ve got a couple questions -
1. Will these frags intertwine over time or will one outcompete and kill off the other?
2. (And this is very opinionated) as these frags take over the wall, would they make a uniform wall/look nice? I ask because I’m uncertain. I have a second tank to move one frag if needed. I’m just looking for opinions while it’s easy to transfer the entire plug. I’m indecisive about it lol. I can post photos later if needed (it’s late and the one frag has receded)

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My lfs recommended GSP for the back wall. I think it would look really awesome on a back or side. I would avoid getting your rock work too close as it can be rather overbearing if it gets away from you.
I have it in two “fish only” setups so I don’t have to worry about it with my corals.
funny part is I have some in my first reef. Everything else I have in the tank is doing well and growing. But the GSP looks really sickly. Go figure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back