0   0   0
image.jpg

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exact issue currently with my GSP frag. I noticed a small bit of hair algae clinging to it Monday morning so I pulled that off, since then he's been MAD. I noticed Alk did drop significantly in the last couple of days right after a water change so I did another water change last night. Today is the third day it has not come out after looking really good last week. Will test ALK again later today to see if WC raised a bit. All other parameters look good:

Salinity 1.025
ph 8.0
Nitrate 5
PO4 .1
Ca 410
Mag 1200
Temp 78-79
It's possible the WC caused your ALK to drop. Doing another WC might make it drop even further. Check what your fresh mixed saltwater's ALK mixes to before adding to your tank (The salt manufacturer might even say what it mixes at)

I would target whatever ALK your salt mixes too and try to hold that number by dosing between water changes. If there was only a single test you could run on a tank, ALK would probably be the most important IMO. I test it every day, sometimes twice a day

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible the WC caused your ALK to drop. Doing another WC might make it drop even further. Check what your fresh mixed saltwater's ALK mixes to before adding to your tank (The salt manufacturer might even say what it mixes at)

I would target whatever ALK your salt mixes too and try to hold that number by dosing between water changes. If there was only a single test you could run on a tank, ALK would probably be the most important IMO. I test it every day, sometimes twice a day
Thanks for the comment. I did just that, tested fresh mixed saltwater and tested within the parameters of the mfr. at 10. Started dosing alk on Saturday so will see where I am on Wednesday and go from there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back