Gulf Coast

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snoopdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Unfortunately I had a tank melt down. Lost pretty much all my coral. 😭

Totally my fault, I was dosing alk into the sump via automation. I had a return pump failure and so I power cycled the pump, which restarted the pump. When I restarted the pump it dosed the display tank with all that built up alk. Here's the kicker: I did have a small redundant pump running, but I'm guessing it wasn't creating enough flow through the sump to really mix the alk with the water, I'm not totally sure, but it killed basically all my coral. The fish lived and some mushrooms and GSP survived. But after that I was discouraged and took a break. I didn't leave the hobby, but I did lose desire for a while.

Now I'm getting back into it and about to rebuild what I lost.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new