Gus' 30g nano clam party with SPS

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone new here and this is my 30g nano system.

6/8/2015
IMG_20150608_171153.jpg

CADlights Zen 23g tank
Advanced Acrylics sump
MAME overflow
Skimz SN123 Monster Mini
BRS dual reactor (gfo and carbon)
2x Jebao RW-4 and DC6000 return
Tunze nano osmolator
Jager 150W heater

DIY hybrid LED
4x nanobox pucks
4x rapidled quad-core violets
2x T5HO

7" Maxima clam
3" Derasa clam

SPS
ORA pieces
  • Joe the coral
  • Verde
  • Tricolor Valida
  • Blue Voodoo Stag
  • Pearlberry
  • Miami Orchid
  • Red goniopora
Red Dragon
Crayola Plana
Strawberry Lemonade

LPS
Random acans
Octospawn
Frogspawn
Aussie toxic goniopora

Fish
2x Black Onyx Percula (one misbar)
1x Sixline wrasse

I feed my corals heavily. Aquavitro fuel every other day and KZ coral vitalizer when I don't do fuel.

Dosing - all Continuum products
2-part, Potassium, and Magnesium every day
Iodine (Lugol's solution) 2x a week
KZ coral snow every day

7G weekly water changes with natural seawater.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji7] Beautiful tank! Lol-too funny [emoji13] The cords of your power heads seem to be the feeding stations for you CUC. Everywhere else is spotless.

OP
OP
gus6464

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji7] Beautiful tank! Lol-too funny [emoji13] The cords of your power heads seem to be the feeding stations for you CUC. Everywhere else is spotless.

Haha thanks. I had a massive diatom bloom when I first setup the tank but my CUC went to work and now are keeping the tank very clean. Also running ULNS so that helps too. I love using the starboard as the bottom too as I can really crank the flow to get the detritus to the sump so I can shopvac it every week when I do my water change. This tank will be a temp home for my SPS as I am in the planning stages of my dream tank which will be a 36x36x20 starphire with ghost overflow.

OP
OP
gus6464

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really cool!! more pics please!

Thanks.

Here is a better closeup of my SPS rock. Taking pictures with LED is a pain.

IMG_20150606_144642.jpg

IMG_20150608_171219.jpg

My derasa is growing very quickly. The white growth on top of the snail is all new and it's grown that much in 6 weeks which is ~3/4". The reason why it's there on the corner is because it moved itself over there from the center of the tank. PAR in that corner is very high from the reflections so that's probably why it it likes it there.

IMG_20150609_193436.jpg

OP
OP
gus6464

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Maxima looks great! I just lost mine to a hitch hiking bristle worm. Was very upset!

Thanks it's a tank. On my other tank it went sexual and released a boatload of sperm in the water. Nuked everything but I left it in there until new tank was ready with the milky water and it was happy as can be. I got it from RAP last year from clam mania and their stuff is just really top notch. I don't do super long acclimation for clams, I just drop tank water in the container it comes in for 15 mins and then drop it in.

I will be setting up a new tank in the fall and going truly clam crazy. I will pick up at least 4 big maximas from RAP this year. I also want a Hippopus clam.

bumperbeetle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are really sharp looking Clams. My first was a ultra blue maxima, and I lost him. This time I just had a squamous clam and he was a 3.5" beauty, but he was attacked almost overnight by a bristle worm. Hopefully the trap will take care of it.
Good luck with your clams!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 99 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back