Gym Talk Thread

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s talk. I’ll start, been working out for 7 or so months, basically just getting familiar. I started the program athleanx AX-1 a week ago, it’s kicking my butt atm. What are you guys and gals doing?

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not doing anything st the moment. I need to get off my lazy butt. Was always a active, energetic person and athlete in school. Ran track. Played football. Wrestled. Now in my 40’s I haven’t done much. Occasionally play basketball with the kids. Used to more active when I donated time helping with my boys pop Warner football. What makes things worse is I have a closet full of protein. Pills. Room full of dumbbells. Closet of weights. Outside a bench that’s completely ruined(thanks dogs). Need to get myself motivated or some good steroids

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been doing full body workout for last 2 years and love it. Try to stay in 12-25 reps range! It takes me 45-50 minutes total.Couple years ago i did 4-5 days splits...When someone asks me how to start i say Full Body Workout or Starting Strength program.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on my way to the resolution phase lol
I started eating right ,about every 3 hours.
Have protein and amino’s already and the motivation. I stopped training 2 1/2 years ago when my daughter was born and I couldn’t split my time between work, her, Muay Thai and Krav Maga. Can’t wait to be hurting for a month ;Inpain

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An app that I would recommend is the 6 Pack Promise, by Athleanx. It gives you amazing exercises for FREE, there is one in app purchase available to unlock I believe to track your workout or something like that.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I competed in Bodybuilding for 12 years. Competed at the Team Universe national show twice and placed 3rd in my division (grand masters, over 50). But I needed 1st to earn my IFBB card.

Now I train to maintain as much muscle as I can and throw in some cardio as well. I've always loved weight training more then any other form of exercise.

outdoorsgal123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been contemplating training for a 50k. Wanted to run a marathon this year but the only race I’m able to attend gives the options of a 50k or a half. I’ll usually challenge myself with some sort of race each year since I hate cardio. Gets me motivated. In the meantime I love weight lifting and do that at least 4 times a week.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread! I started working out in March 2016, weighed 290lbs... got down to 210lbs and was much happier. It's amazing what a clean diet and a good gym session can do for you. Right around 240lbs right now, but took a few months off when my daughter was born and ate all of the yummy things I had in two years lol. Not worried though, will get it off again.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally making progress from both a pec and quad tear. The quad tear didn't come of the bone when it happened, it came off when I tore my pec.

Finally feel good enough to start pushing things harder.

I'll be squatting 2x a week, benching 2x and deadlifting once. Following the basic Westside barbell template.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been contemplating training for a 50k. Wanted to run a marathon this year but the only race I’m able to attend gives the options of a 50k or a half. I’ll usually challenge myself with some sort of race each year since I hate cardio. Gets me motivated. In the meantime I love weight lifting and do that at least 4 times a week.

I don't know what it is about cardio. I do it because I have too, not because I want to. And most often, I just don't do it. And I hear this from a lot of other people too! I did like running many years ago, but it started to bother my joints. My favorite form of cardio now would be the elliptical. As long as I have a TV to watch.

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am disapointed with my gym.

Its a climbing gym that origionally was a movie theater, but somewhere along the way was converted to a night club.

When they built out the climbing gym, they left behing a nice 500 gallon saltwater tank. (Just fish).

The recently removed it so they could put more exercise equipment in.

Everthing else about the gym is great, but i miss the fish.

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job everyone! Currently I’m on month 2 of my workout program. I’ve quit drinking soda (only on special holidays will I have some) for about 1yr now, and I’m starting to incorporate more natural/organic foods. Since I started the workout program I’ve gotten down from 155 to 144 (I’m short haha, 5’6.5”). Except, I’ll be sure to have a boatload of wings during the Super Bowl game, can’t resist! Haha :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/meatshakes.528347/

works flipping great I love it
I cook a fine chicken meal and then I also drink chicken with the meal.

You guys try it with a little portion of the cooked chicken you cannot taste it in there whatsoever. Upgrade to an entire boneless breast fillet fully cooked, score a man blender that can handle it, and grind onward it's wonderful tasting. Drinking water is the base, to control how thick it is. Refrigerate before serving or pack on ice for the day, I've taken premade pre frozen shakes like these on mountain weekend campouts

You know chicken gets boring. This tastes like a milkshake with some pep.

I've been experimenting with non protein powder ways to make the shake. That's kinda cheating, it tastes like brownies anything you make.

But try the heavy peanut butter powder and some frozen blueberries plus a little cacao chocolate just a tad. Tons of celery. You get all the fiber, control the protein weight of the mix by the amount of white cooked chicken in it + pasteurized egg whites. I can fit an entire days protein in one shake to parse out in addition to meals, or, mix it fiber heavy and lower in protein.

Grind up cooked yams and go Piana with it if you need energy carbs

I believe you can make a perfect human diet in a wal mart blender using wal mart ingredients, ironically.

Last edited:

outdoorsgal123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! TV always helps!!!
I don't know what it is about cardio. I do it because I have too, not because I want to. And most often, I just don't do it. And I hear this from a lot of other people too! I did like running many years ago, but it started to bother my joints. My favorite form of cardio now would be the elliptical. As long as I have a TV to watch.
elps

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, if you listen to music when you workout, what type is it? I personally like edm, fast beats keep me going! :)

outdoorsgal123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/meatshakes.528347/

works flipping great I love it
I cook a fine chicken meal and then I also drink chicken with the meal.

You guys try it with a little portion of the cooked chicken you cannot taste it in there whatsoever. Upgrade to an entire boneless breast fillet fully cooked, score a man blender that can handle it, and grind onward it's wonderful tasting

You know chicken gets boring. This tastes like a milkshake with some pep.

I've been experimenting with non protein powder ways to make the shake. That's kinda cheating, it tastes like brownies anything you make.

But try the heavy peanut butter powder and some frozen blueberries plus a little cacao chocolate just a tad. Tons of celery. You get all the fiber, control the protein weight of the mix by the amount of white cooked chicken in it + pasteurized egg whites. I can fit an entire days protein in one shake to parse out, or, mix it fiber heavy and lower in protein. The meatshake is no joke it's awesome. When grinding it up and clenching my jaw in feeding anticipation mode I feel like a burly man even though that's really just what I'm trying to work up to lol.
I just read your thread:eek: meatshake eh?!? Haha oh boy....guess I could always try it. I can’t handle anymore grilled chicken so I suppose it’s worth a try.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back