Gym Talk Thread

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I like the new AB workout you describe.

I’m trying this new intermittent fasting. 16 hours straight a day then 12-8 eat my 3000 calories to include 200 mg of protein. Test is up170 percent. Bench is back over 335. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.

Last edited:

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I like the new AB workout you describe.

mom trying this new intermittent fasting. 16 hours straight a day then 12-8 eat my 3000 calories to include 200 mg of protein. Test is up170 percent. Bench is back over 335. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.
Intermittent fasting works well to trim off some fat - it's also kinda convenient.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to find a good workout regime for getting back into the gym. Wanting to get lean and drop about 30lbs.
any ideas...

corey

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the elliptical machine if I run indoors. But I know that lifting weights keeps the metabolism going after the workout possibly better than running.
any personal trainers here??

corey

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the elliptical machine if I run indoors. But I know that lifting weights keeps the metabolism going after the workout possibly better than running.

corey
There is an app called strive that my mom says has the best workout she said you should give it a try

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

corey

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always felt I responded best to balanced diet and workout without any particular goals in mind other than just being healthy. I've done the "I need to get x miles in this week" and the "need to eat x grams of protein every meal" thing and really kills my attitude and any success.

Last several years - I eat right - everyone knows what that is and it's not some fad anything. I really like my cardio (exercycle and treadmill) a few days a week and weights a few days a week (dumb bells and my favorite kettle bells). And I mix up the combinations. Like to get a rower, too just for more variety.

Oh and I try very hard not to track any dang thing.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always felt I responded best to balanced diet and workout without any particular goals in mind other than just being healthy. I've done the "I need to get x miles in this week" and the "need to eat x grams of protein every meal" thing and really kills my attitude and any success.

Last several years - I eat right - everyone knows what that is and it's not some fad anything. I really like my cardio (exercycle and treadmill) a few days a week and weights a few days a week (dumb bells and my favorite kettle bells). And I mix up the combinations. Like to get a rower, too just for more variety.

Oh and I try very hard not to track any dang thing.
I’ve spent half my life in gym. It was a job requirement had to stay jacked n stacked all time. They incouraged us to use steroids to keep the look. After 17yrs I left n have not been to gym since i do have a full gym at my house that I use just to stay jacked but not crazy like used to be. 2 to 3 times a week for 3hrs at a clip. Just for a pump and makes me feel younger

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve spent half my life in gym. It was a job requirement had to stay jacked n stacked all time. They incouraged us to use steroids to keep the look. After 17yrs I left n have not been to gym since i do have a full gym at my house that I use just to stay jacked but not crazy like used to be. 2 to 3 times a week for 3hrs at a clip. Just for a pump and makes me feel younger
Yikes, what was the job?

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to find a good workout regime for getting back into the gym. Wanting to get lean and drop about 30lbs.
any ideas...

corey
I would recommend athleanx ax-1, I used it for awhile, was great because it was $90 for lifetime access to the 3 month program, included workouts and meal plan, not necessarily the best if you’re looking to pack on muscle as your main goal. Mainly become more athletic.

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend athleanx ax-1, I used it for awhile, was great because it was $90 for lifetime access to the 3 month program, included workouts and meal plan, not necessarily the best if you’re looking to pack on muscle as your main goal. Mainly become more athletic.
Great for beginners

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to pack on pounds. I was very active in the past and want to get back to that. Never been big on going to the gym and such but i am ready to include it.

corey

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, what was the job?
pro wrestler for ECW and WCW mid to late 90s early 2000 Great job worked 20 minutes a night 4 nights a week for a total of one hour ten minutes a week I had to work but took 200 hrs to heal n feel better. But lived my dream not many can say that

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone’s new year resolution involve the gym?

Not a resolution, but I set some goals with some numbers I want to hit, both in weight on the bar and bodyweight.

I set 3, 6, and 12 month goals.

I find it very hard to set one goal for the year. It always seems far off and not attainable. Seeing smaller short term goals accomplished keeps the ball rolling and attitude positive.

I actually stole this from Dave Ramsey the financial guy. One of his steps is to take your debts and start paying off the smallest first and working up from there, building confidence and positive attitude. It made allot of sense so I adapted it for other things as well

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back