Gyre 300 series?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190322-162751_SYNA-G.jpg

Click the dots on the right of the menu bar. Then touch Auto Mode Presets & Save to/Load From

Screenshot_20190322-162736_SYNA-G.jpg

Click the floppy disc on the top right, And choose a slot to save it under.

Screenshot_20190322-162741_SYNA-G.jpg

Click save.

That should be it!
Thanks and appreciate your help in explanation! @Justfebreezeit

Michael_NL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Thinking of a RS Peninsula 650, would two Gyre 350 vertically placed beside the overflow enough flow to reach the end? (~5 foot)

Or two vertical and one horizontally on the overflow itself?

I'd rather don't want to place a powerhead on the other side..

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When does Maxspect expect to release the largest 300 series pump? The 350 will not be big enough for my tank.
Hi, thanks for your support, it will depend on whether there's a strong market demand or not, and we don't have any schedule yet.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Thinking of a RS Peninsula 650, would two Gyre 350 vertically placed beside the overflow enough flow to reach the end? (~5 foot)

Hi,yes it could reach the other end if Gyre 350 placed beside the overflow in 5 feet tank, but I am afraid the water flow is not evenly distributed if there's only one pump,
as the water flow will be strong in the Gyre side, and weaker in the other side. Two pumps placed on same side will be much better in improving the water flow to be evenly distributed.

Last edited:

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for your support, it will depend on whether there's a strong market demand or not, and we don't have any schedule yet.

The 280 proved to be a quality pump for large systems 8+ feet that provides great value. I run 4 opposing 280s now and would upgrade to 300 series if there was such an offering.

Lucas in Alaska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advise. I have 2 MP40's on my Marinland 180 with two cornerflows, one on each end. Tank is a mixed reef. I need more flow and want to go with a Gyre.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6’ 180 Fowler that runs two of the 350’s and 2 mp 40’s. The mp’s are low for flow across the bare bottom and the 350 are up high for the bulk of flow thru the tank. I also have 2 3K gyres on the back that keep the back behind rock pretty clean. Those 350’s are very quiet and very powerful. The two 3K on the back are probably overkill but I had them so why not. Hope that helps you out Lucas in Alaska.

My 120 mixed reef has the 330 set up and two mp10’s low. Plenty of flow for sps and softies.
My only problem is figuring out how to program the units with the v6 controller.
I recommend the gyres whole heartedly! Just need a programming book for dummies over 60. You know, guys who were born without a controller on their hands. Computer illiterate!

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6’ 180 Fowler that runs two of the 350’s and 2 mp 40’s. The mp’s are low for flow across the bare bottom and the 350 are up high for the bulk of flow thru the tank. I also have 2 3K gyres on the back that keep the back behind rock pretty clean. Those 350’s are very quiet and very powerful. The two 3K on the back are probably overkill but I had them so why not. Hope that helps you out Lucas in Alaska.

My 120 mixed reef has the 330 set up and two mp10’s low. Plenty of flow for sps and softies.
My only problem is figuring out how to program the units with the v6 controller.
I recommend the gyres whole heartedly! Just need a programming book for dummies over 60. You know, guys who were born without a controller on their hands. Computer illiterate!
Hi, thanks for your support, could you send an email to [email protected]
We could send you a simple instruction on how to connect ICV6 and gyres to your smart phone.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a 5 foot tank - with one on each end - IME you will have way too much flow if you have 3 of those pumps. They are extremely powerful - I doubt you could use even one at 100% ongoing. You also dont need to use the Gyre mode. I have mine set to start/stop on opposite ends of the tank (there is a preloaded setting) at 40% - if I go higher - things are blowing all over (i.e. 3 inch gonipora etc.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a 330 with a stronger magnet option? A lot of us are at the 1/2 mark with tanks around the 120 sizes. Trying to avoid all those horror stories, of MPs falling down in to the sand bed.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just bought the XF330 for my Red Sea E-260 and was wondering how to find out what Firmware version is installed.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my 350’s. I noticed about a week ago my flow was not right. Got to checking and one gyre and quit. Took it out and apart and cleaned it well but the motor just tanked on it. Opened a ticket with maxspect and they are replacing it no problem. That’s nice customer service!!
Also bought another pump so now I have one on hand extra all the time.
Love my gyres!!
Jim

Back