Gyre Died

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old thread.. did you guys ever get this issue resolved.. i bought two.. one has this issue of not powering on.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, over 3 years and they are same issues. Paying for that kind of money and still trouble. . I like the job that it can do. But do not like how it is built. Paying that kind of money and not confident that it will last. How long has people have them running?

wranodj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to replace bushings on mine to get it to work properly. I'm hesitant to take apart and clean for maintenance.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taking apart and putting back together is really easier than you think.. there are some good videos out there.. just remember that when you get down to the removing the magnet that only one side of the motor releases the housing.. hard to put in words.. but the video shows it well.

tygger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that these seem to have more issues than I would like for how much they cost, but customer service has been great. I just picked up a 2nd gyre yesterday and installed it yesterday. Woke up today and the controller is showing that the pump is off. Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, but annoying none the least.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you expected a new product to be released with a 0% failure rate? The number of units shipped so far is already pretty staggering, and so far I've seen ~8 that have had significant issues. I'd imagine there are more that are not members of forums (the majority of aquarists are not), but even still, that's a very, very low rate of failure.

This is not a new product and there a heck of a lot more than 8 people that have had significant issues with this pump, hell I bought one with a faulty controller straight out of the box and my other lock screw to attach to the power supply broke in a very short time. Nobody expects a 0% failure rate but let's also not act like their beyond reproach.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break in period!? Surely you're joking...
Replying to an old post that I'm sure has been taken care of. I had a gyre that didn't work out of the box and coralvue took care of me immediately. If your having issues with one of your pumps then I'd suggest you email coralvue and they can help you too.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say but I have given up on most Maxspect products. Seem to put more effort into aesthetics than product quality. Started out with Razors but had to continually buy lenses, diodes etc. to keep them going. Have had Orpheks now for a couple of years with zero issues. Have had 4 different gyres that are great when they work but it seems that whenever I fixed one another would stop working. While a certain amount of maintenance is expected, weekly repairs are too much for me.

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first 150 gyre had red light and slowing down issues and don't brake it apart because it was painful putting it back and getting it to work. So Coralvue replace the controller and pump. It finally worked. I got the new one to connect both pumps with the new controller and a few months down the road, I am starting to have issues. Pumps slow down a lot. I clean them and come back for a few days and slow back down. This happens on auto settings not really manual settings. It works great at when they are new only, then headache starts. I contact the company and they told me that its a software update. So now I need to buy a micro chip download and upload it. I really liked the gyre product and I really like their settings however I am starting to question the quality of it. That's already two pumps with similar issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back