Gyre plug into apex

MR BACKHAND

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I plug a gyre like the ice cap 2k into the apex without using anything other the the gyre?

I would like to buy just the gyre minus the controller and plug it into the apex to control it. Will it work?

Thanks

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I plug a gyre like the ice cap 2k into the apex without using anything other the the gyre?

I would like to buy just the gyre minus the controller and plug it into the apex to control it. Will it work?

Thanks
I dont think so. But let others comment, in case theres a workaround or someone figured it out

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Icecap had an interface to connect it to the apex, may be able to still pick it up. Wasn't cheap

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only option to connect is a 1-10v plug into the dual controller which is only used to turn the pumps off for feed mode. To actually run the gyres you need either the dual controller or HydrosEngine.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure with the icecap gyre, but with the maxspect gyre you can get the 0-10v controller that allows you to run them from the apex.

I have one power supply with splitter to 2 gyres. 2 maxspect 0-10v controllers. And with alot of creative coding and some virtual outlets, can control both gyres to create almost any type flow I want. And using the 0-10 outlets you can also vary the power going to the gyres for a variable flow rate.

So if icecap has a 0-10v controller for there gyres then yes you can run it from the apex.

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
You need the wifi controller

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
icecap makes a 0-10v interface that allows you to control the maxspect and ice cap gyres from the 0-10v ports on the apex. you need one interface per gyre and at least one 0-10v port for each gyre. if you want to be able to revers the gyres you need 2 available ports per gyre.

my programming for my 2 maxspect gyres on the icecap gyre interface. Required several virtual outlets and profiles to run. And creative naming to understand which profile to use on each gyre and its purpose.

The up and lo profiles are all ramp profiles. Up starts lo and ramps up, And lo starts high and ramps down.

Left gyre
If Output Day_opp = ON Then Day_Leftup (output = virtual outlet, day leftup is a profile that ramps up)
If Output Gyre_day = ON Then Day_LeftLo (output = virtual outlet, day leftlo is a profile that ramps down)
If Output Night_opp = ON Then Night_Lup (night time flow night opp = virtual outlet, night lup is profile ramps up longer time than day and not as high)
If Output Gyre_night = ON Then Night_Ldown (night time flow night opp = virtual outlet, night lup is profile ramps down longer time than day and not as high)
If Output pulse = ON Then Day_pulse (output pulse = virtual outlet day plus = profile instant on)
If Output Gyre_Storm = ON Then Storm_Up (output = virtual gyre storm = profile ramps ups fairly high to kick up detritus)
If Output Storm_opp = ON Then Storm_Down (output = virtual gyre storm = profile ramps down fairly high to kick up detritus)
If FeedA 000 Then 55 (feed a is main feed mode also turns return pump to about 1-5 percent overflow is on left so this pushes any food away from overflow. The fish also seem to love chasing after the food.
If FeedB 000 Then OFF (my cleaning mode
If Output Gyre_ups = ON Then Gyre_Ups ( I have mine on a ups and power monitoring. If I loos power it shuts almost everything off. Gyre ups runs one at 20 percent to keep some flow in the tank.

Gyre right has essentially the same codes but opposite. When left side is going down right side is going up. Gyre pulse they are both on or off at same time. By changing the time on the virtual outlets I can get some very random flow patterns.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back