Gyre pump plan for future...

Ryan Wright

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 65, want to upgrade when we move (no clue when since market is insane) i want my upgrade to be 90-180gal, (I like my 65, but would like a bit more width and a hair more front to back depth). Is there a size that will work for 65 and give me margin for the upgrade to tank? Or is it too big of a difference and I will have to rebuy?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a 65, want to upgrade when we move (no clue when since market is insane) i want my upgrade to be 90-180gal, (I like my 65, but would like a bit more width and a hair more front to back depth). Is there a size that will work for 65 and give me margin for the upgrade to tank? Or is it too big of a difference and I will have to rebuy?
Hi Ryan - kind of unclear - you want a bigger tank. The question is is there a gyre - that you can use in teh 65 and then switch to the larger tank?

In any case, I like the Maxspect Gyre 330 or 350 - depending. They can be set to lower flow as well - either will work in the small tank - as well as the large tank - hope this helps

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back