Gyre XF150 used with Ecotech MP40s

  • Thread starter Thread starter fehenry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fehenry

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use 2 MP 40s in a 7 foot long 200 gallon tank and appear to have low flow issues in the center of the tank. Any suggestions on using the existing MP 40s and adding a gyre pump to the middle of the tank? I'd like to keep the MP40s since one is a battery backup but unsure how to use all 3 pumps so as not to fight welch other. Thanks
 
I use an mp40 and 150 on the same side both at 100% on a 4ft tank with 0 flow issues. the gyre moves a lot of water. is it possible to put the mp40s evenly on the back wall with the gyre on the side ? it's designed more for a long tank where as the mp40s I would say cover a wider area.
 
I would think it's okay if they "fight with each other" - better movement. Maybe swap a 40 for a 60.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new