H202 Dipping

marcinpolak

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
604
Reaction score
3,091
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have been nursing a bubble coral back to health that was nearly gone, old skeleton has algae on it and was wondering if I dip it in h202 will it be ok? New skeleton is growing over the old skeleton.
 
Hi,
I have been nursing a bubble coral back to health that was nearly gone, old skeleton has algae on it and was wondering if I dip it in h202 will it be ok? New skeleton is growing over the old skeleton.

+1 vote no

if the H2O2 gets on coral, it may kill it. I wouldn't use it anywhere near live coral because despite being careful, a bit got on ours and we watch death roll across the coral - heartbreaking.

If the new skeleton is already growing over old skeleton, then just allow it time to grow as it sounds like coral already bouncing back, going in the right direction.
 
+1 vote no

if the H2O2 gets on coral, it may kill it. I wouldn't use it anywhere near live coral because despite being careful, a bit got on ours and we watch death roll across the coral - heartbreaking.

If the new skeleton is already growing over old skeleton, then just allow it time to grow as it sounds like coral already bouncing back, going in the right direction.
You don’t think the algae would bother it? Or should I take it out and scrub the old skeleton with a tooth brush
 
You don’t think the algae would bother it? Or should I take it out and scrub the old skeleton with a tooth brush
I've used tooth brush but again use care (and live nearby coral HATES that)

can't tell how much algae you've got so can't say - you have already said new is growing over old, and assume some algae was there when that happened
 
Well, I would say there have been good write ups of hydrogen peroxide being used as a 20 second dip mixed as a 10% h202 to tank water solution for LPS leading to successful rehab.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new