H202 Dipping

marcinpolak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have been nursing a bubble coral back to health that was nearly gone, old skeleton has algae on it and was wondering if I dip it in h202 will it be ok? New skeleton is growing over the old skeleton.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have been nursing a bubble coral back to health that was nearly gone, old skeleton has algae on it and was wondering if I dip it in h202 will it be ok? New skeleton is growing over the old skeleton.

+1 vote no

if the H2O2 gets on coral, it may kill it. I wouldn't use it anywhere near live coral because despite being careful, a bit got on ours and we watch death roll across the coral - heartbreaking.

If the new skeleton is already growing over old skeleton, then just allow it time to grow as it sounds like coral already bouncing back, going in the right direction.

OP
OP
marcinpolak

marcinpolak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 vote no

if the H2O2 gets on coral, it may kill it. I wouldn't use it anywhere near live coral because despite being careful, a bit got on ours and we watch death roll across the coral - heartbreaking.

If the new skeleton is already growing over old skeleton, then just allow it time to grow as it sounds like coral already bouncing back, going in the right direction.
You don’t think the algae would bother it? Or should I take it out and scrub the old skeleton with a tooth brush

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t think the algae would bother it? Or should I take it out and scrub the old skeleton with a tooth brush
I've used tooth brush but again use care (and live nearby coral HATES that)

can't tell how much algae you've got so can't say - you have already said new is growing over old, and assume some algae was there when that happened

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I would say there have been good write ups of hydrogen peroxide being used as a 20 second dip mixed as a 10% h202 to tank water solution for LPS leading to successful rehab.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back