H2O2 dosing vs Ozone

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to try this comparison again with fresh mixed saltwater vs tank water. Depending what brand you use make sure it's fully mixed per manufacturer instructions.
Will do.

I closed my carbon reactor because it started tumbling and I don’t know why. I never used a carbon reactor before.

So my next test will compare tank water with no activated carbon and no UV against fresh saltwater.

Then I’ll compare tank water with ozone to fresh saltwater.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my UV off.

Let’s see how ozone compares with no UV.

Ozone arriving tomorrow. :)

The goal is to keep UV off permanently if ozone has the desired effect.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been running a 90w uv sterilizer. I just turned it off a week ago because the bulbs expired. But i use ozone now for just 8 minutes every hour at approximately 100mg/h. Ill try to see if there's any difference too.

OP
OP
Wtyson254

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the results so far?
I think I destroyed my TV, came home to my apt smelling my Ozone and my TV would not turn on, ORP never went above 300 in the tank. I’m leaving town for the weekend so shut the unit off and will deal with it when I return. Geek squad is going to see what’s wrong with my TV next week.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I destroyed my TV, came home to my apt smelling my Ozone and my TV would not turn on, ORP never went above 300 in the tank. I’m leaving town for the weekend so shut the unit off and will deal with it when I return. Geek squad is going to see what’s wrong with my TV next week.
That’s frightening. Not only because your items are damaged, but it could also harm your health.

I remember reading @Randy Holmes-Farley ’s article where he said using ozone in his skimmer caused his entire basement to stink like ozone.

So, what are we supposed to do about this?

@Wtyson254 Did you put carbon on top of the skimmer?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the purposes of clearing yellow water very little ozone is needed. If you smell it, its too much imo. Turn it down, unless your wanting ozone to do other things.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the purposes of clearing yellow water very little ozone is needed. If you smell it, its too much imo. Turn it down, unless your wanting ozone to do other things.
Thank you for this. :)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a question about my ozone set up. I ran it for a few minute last night, but I wanted your approval if I’m doing it correct/safe before I try keeping it on for longer.

I will post pics/videos of my setup tonight.

OP
OP
Wtyson254

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s frightening. Not only because your items are damaged, but it could also harm your health.

I remember reading @Randy Holmes-Farley ’s article where he said using ozone in his skimmer caused his entire basement to stink like ozone.

So, what are we supposed to do about this?

@Wtyson254 Did you put carbon on top of the skimmer?
Has two bags of carbon on top, I think it’s from the skimmer effluent, but inhave sn ORP prove a the skimmer outflow and it was never above 305. There was a strong ozone odor in the apt. I have read that the cheap Chinese ozone generator I used can leak from the machine itself…. I also had it turned up to max so I could get an ORP imcrease.

will have a post skimmer carbon setup when I turn it back on and I’ll be running all skimmer outflow air through a carbon reactor. Hopefully this will limit O3 escape.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back