H2O2 dosing with clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefJCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dealing with some hair algae In my mixed reef. In the past I have spot treated with peroxide in a syringe. I’ve also dosed peroxide to help keep algae at bay.

I recently got a maxima clam and stopped in the mean time unsure on if it would be an issue for the clam.

im having a hard time finding any info on how sensitive clams are for peroxide and would love some guidance.
 
There are numerous way to fight and win the war on gha. I’d go there first.
1. Check Phosphates.
2. Lower Phosphates.
3. gfo or Phos Pad etc.
4. A large cuc.
5. Manually pull out algae.
6. Cut back on lights.
7. Test.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new