Had to put clownfish in time out.

  • Thread starter Thread starter gar732
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
400
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snow/onyx female paired with an onyx male and they've been together for a few months now. Just recently the female has really had it out for the male, so much so that I had to separate them today. Right now the female is in time out in an acclimation box in my display. I've heard of people separating a fighting pair and reintroducing them after a while and them getting along. I want to give this a shot since they got along so well all this time. How long should I keep them separated before I reintroduce them? I'm really hoping they make up and get along otherwise I'm going to have to setup another tank which the wife is not going to be happy about.
 
i have done this in my Freshwater cichlid tank when i had a bully i put him in there for two days and then let him out but a week later he was at it again so i put him in there for a week and it worked
 
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it week then, I think I'll move their pot to a different spot in the tank too just to try to change thing up a little. Hopefully it works.
 
It's possible the male had already begun the transformation into female before they were put together..
 
How old are they and is there any size difference? Where they a pair from the get go or you paired them up 5 months ago?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new