OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of these. I set it up so the screws are tightened up on the focus ring of my 150mm macro lens. Camera is also setup on a tripod. Doing that allows me to rotate the housing to manually set focus. Generally i digitally zoom in on what i want to focus on to get sharper focus. I use a higher f/stop i think this was f20ish, ISO 500, and shutter speed of about 1/8th sec. I also use the metering function and set it to take the picture under exposed by a half step of so to help not blowing out some of the brighter spots. Hope that helps.

I take the pictures with the yellow filter under full spectrum lights and correct WB in lightroom.
Screenshot_20170906-060022.jpg

Last edited:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pic. What kind of photo tube is that? Does it come with the yellow filter? Pretty cool idea. I've always had to do a lot more WB in photoshop to get things correct, but with a filter like that it would speed things up a bit.

OP
OP
Holy_makerel

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pic. What kind of photo tube is that? Does it come with the yellow filter? Pretty cool idea. I've always had to do a lot more WB in photoshop to get things correct, but with a filter like that it would speed things up a bit.

Coral headz. Picked it up on ebay. You can get clear or the filtered one. I've found i get really nice pics with the full spectrum lighting and this filter. The raw pic is really yellow but lightroom does a great job bringing it back with the WB and hue(i think thats what its called) adjustments. I just adjust it until it matches what i see in the tank.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 57 43.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back